Ron Planche, a 15 year resident of Niagara Falls, is a marketing and media communications specialist with an academic Bachelor of Arts degree in political history (St. Thomas University). He also studied art history (York University) and award winning creative photography (Sheridan College). Ron has supplemented his academic background with courses in fund raising development strategies and planned giving.
Ron has a professional background in sales and marketing communications, government relations and photojournalism. His 25 years of marketing and sales management experience includes developing and implementing strategic and tactical marketing initiatives and developing communications materials for dynamic growing companies. He served as national sales manager and executive vice-president in the computer industry and specialized in computer aided graphics.
Politically, Ron served for eight years as the political assistant to Niagara Falls MPP, Kim Craitor helping him get elected and re-elected. Ron served in Kim’s Niagara Falls Community and his Ontario Legislative Assembly office at Queen’s Park as Kim’s Executive Assistant. This experience gave him excellent far reaching and effective insight into the needs of the people of Fort Erie, Niagara-on-the-Lake and Niagara Falls. He knows and understands most of the issues that have faced our community in the past two decades but more important he understands the economic necessity of rebuilding jobs and real opportunities both here and throughout the southern Ontario region if we are to go forward..
Prior to living in Niagara Ron lived in Oakville, Ontario. While there he served his community as an elected Oakville local and regional councillor for the Region of Halton gaining valuable experience and insight into local and regional governance.
Privately, Ron has a passion for photography (and Niagara VQA wine.) His creative focus as a professional photojournalist was putting powerful subject matter in context with the environment. Now he specializes in very large landscape photography as a fine art.
In 40+ years of community service, Ron has served his community on over twenty professional and community boards including
- Vice-chair, Niagara Falls Transit Commission.
- Founding Member, Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts.
- Board of Governors – Sheridan College of Applied Arts and Technology.
- Director, Oakville Chamber of Commerce.
- President, Oakville Association for Community Living.
- Board Member, The Oakville Children’s Aid Society.
- President, Oakville West Rotary Club and member of the Queenston/Lewiston Rotary Club.
- Co-Founder, The Oakville Children’s Centre. (presenting theatre for children)
- Municipal Councillor, the Town of Oakville.
- Planning Committee.
- Regional Councillor, the Region of Halton.
- Chair of Budget Review Committee,
- Chair of Public Works and Planning.
Ron lives next to Niagara’s Escarpment and is married with three adult children and two grandchildren. Ron has led a life of passion and accomplishment.